Last Updated on
Service battery warning on mac is a serious issue. Because, it will automatically shut down your computer even though if you are in middle of your task. Therefore, you can lost your precious time and as well as project on which you are working on.
Secondly, you may worried if you should replace the battery. Because it will cost you extra money which you don’t want to lose in any case. But the good news is that. You can actually don’t need to replace the the battery which may cost you extra money. Moreover, with some simple steps to the setting of you Macbook laptop. You can easily wiped service battery warning on Mac.
Service Battery Warning on Mac
Similarly, Service battery warning on Mac comes due to Cycle Count. If you thinking that what is Cycle Count? I explain here that Cycle Count is a term when you completely charge Mac laptop battery and then use it back. Then this terminology is called Cycle Count. However, the Cycle Count gives you information that how much is the health of your battery. Further, to the certain number of Cycle Count, laptop will display Service Battery. Because, Apple has limitation of Cycle Count on each battery. It means that it is giving you information to exchange the battery.
However, according to my experience. I have notice that Cycle Count is programed by apple. It doesn’t mean that the batter of your laptop should be exchanged. Because, in most of the cases. The battery life could be more or less. Because, with proper charging and using the laptop will give you more battery health then expected. Therefore, we are going to show you that how you will remove the service battery on mac.
Check Cycle Count For Service battery warning
Fortunately, you can access to the information where you can check cycle count for the battery. For doing so, you have to follow the steps below.
1. On the top left corner of your display you will find out the apple logo. You have to click on it. The first option About This Mac. You have to hold down Option Key. It will change to System Information. Then you have to click on it.
2. Or you have Click on About This Mac. Then on the bottom of the Window you will find the option for System Report. Then you have to click on it.
3. A Apple device Window will appear. Next, you will find different option on the left. You have to click on Power. Now check on the right you will find Cycle Count.
Methods to Remove Service Battery Warning
There are many methods where you can remove your service battery warning. According to my experience I have tried many methods and it won’t worked. But, following methods will definitely work.
1. Update Mac Operating System
If you haven’t updated your operating system to latest version. It will prompt the error. Because the operating system may not calculate the real-time battery life. Further, display Service Battery Warning. I have personally experience same issue and when I have updated the operating system to macOS Mojave. I found that the battery life worked correctly.
If you don’t know how to update the Mac operating System. I will show you below to update the operating system quickly.
How to Update Mac Operating System
Unlike windows, to update operating system in Mac is simple. You have to open App Store. Further on search bar write Mojave. After that you have to click on install. Everything else will be automatic. However, It will take some to update and install MacOS Mojave. Further, The laptop will also restart several time. Therefore, you have to wait and let the operating system should install.
After installation will complete. You have to check the battery. And See if the battery service warning is still exist or not. If it disappears. Then you are good to go. If the problem is still there. And you are getting Service Battery warning. Then you have to follow all other methods bellow. However, in my case, When I have update the operating system. It worked completely fine.
2. Stop Service Battery Warning on Mac by Reset SMC
The System Management Controller (SMC) is a hardware chip. It has some specially functionality to control different setting, including power or battery as well. Sometime, with improper functionality it won’t work, the way it should work. Therefore, resetting SMC will again give it refresh functionality. Therefore, There is possibility that the service battery warning will stop from displaying on laptop. For resetting SMC, you have to follow the instruction bellow. However, remember that the process will also reset any customization to power plans or hardware settings.
1. First you have to Shut Down your laptop.
2. When the laptop completely turned off. Then you have to Press left Shift + Ctrl + Option + the power button at the same time and hold.
3. After 5 second you have to release all keys at the same time.
4. Finally, Turn on the laptop.
3. Calibrate Service Battery Warning
Another option is battery calibration. In calibration process, you have to charge your battery 100%. Further, with the technique in following. You have to use the Mac laptop with battery. How it works? Let me explain it with detail with following steps.
- First you have to charge the MacBook laptop up to 100%. Once you will see the MagSafe light green or you can also check the on Mac operating system if the icon indicates that the laptop is fully charged.
- Next, you have to let the laptop runs for few hours.
- Then, you have to unplug the MacBook from the power supply. But remember, you have not turn the laptop off. Let it runs on the battery back-up.
- Further, check the low batter warning will appear. Once it appears then you have to let the laptop run until it completely shuts down due to lack of power.
- Now let the laptop without connecting to power supply. Let that without power supply up to 6 to 8 hours.
- After that you have to charge the MacBook again until it is fully charged.
According to this process. it will help your MacBook more accurately determine about the status of the battery. It will make you laptop to recognize actual life of the battery. Further, it will also stops the service battery warning.
I hope this all methods will work on your MacBook and it will stop service battery warning. Still if you have the problem, it is batter to take it to the Apple Store. Further, they will find the exact solution of the problem which you are facing with service battery warning.
Further, if you have any feedback or suggestion. You can write that in comment box below. Thank you.