In this article you will learn, how to install macOS Catalina on MacBook Pro and Macbook Air. However, the latest version of mac operating system is 10.15 and it is named as a macOS Catalina. Further, macOS Catalina is currently in beta version for the Deveoper. However, public beta coming in July.
There is no wait game. Therefore, you want to install macOS Catalina on your MacBook Pro or MacBook Air. However, you should remember that Beta version is buggy. It means you may find some applications may crush or stop working. Therefore, if you want to install it knowing about all issue. The let’s go directly to the installation process.
However, if you want to install macOS Catalina on VMware or VirtualBox using windows operating system. Then, you have to follow the articles below.
Install macOS Catalina Developer Beta
To install macOS Catalina Developer Beta. Follow the Steps below.
However, remember that it is beta version. Therefore you have to backup your system. In case, there will any problem then you are able restore all your data once again. Therefore, it is one of the best strategy whenever you are going to upgrade your operating system.
Step 1: Developer Account
First you must have Apple developer account. Then you have to go to developer.apple.com and click on Account. This will lead you to Sign in Page.
Step 2: Sign In with Developer Account
Now you have to sign in with developer account. You have to write your Apple ID and password and then sign in on your account.
Step 3: Download MacOS Developer
Further, on developer page on left-side you have different menu. However, you have to find Downloads. And click on it. Moreover, new page with beta software download page will open. Then you will find macOS Catalina 10.15 beta. Therefore, you have to click on Install Profile. The downloading will start and wait for the download to complete.
Step 4: Install DMG File
Once downloading will complete. You have to click on Download button. There is install DMG file. Therefore, you have to open it.
Step 5: Open the package
At this stage macOS developer Beta Access Utility will open up. Therefore, you have click on it to install.
Step 6: Install macOS Developer Beta Access Utility
now the installation wizard will appear. Therefore, you have to follow the wizard carefully and install macOS Catalina.
However, I will show you complete process that you may not face any problem in between.
1. The first page is welcome page. It is the introduction page. Therefore, you will guided through the steps necessary to install macOS. Therefore you have to click on Continue.
2. Further, you will forward to license page. There are complete details about Software License Agreement. Therefore, if you want install it on your Laptop. Then you must agree with the license. Therefore, you have to click on Continue. Further, click on Agree.
3. Now you have to click on Install on installation type. Moreover, you have to enter Touch ID or enter your password to allow macOS Catalina to install.
4. Once the installation will complete. You have to close the installation wizard Utility.
Step 6: Upgrade macOS
It is time to upgrade your operating system. Therefore, you have to follow the steps below to complete the installation process.
1. You have to click on apple logo on the top menu bar.
2. There is a option System Preferences. Therefore, you have to Click on it.
3. In system Preferences. You have to find out Software Update. Therefore, you have to Click on it.
4. Now you will see upgrade for macOS 10.15 Beta. Therefore, you have to click on Upgrade Now.
5. Next installation page will appears. Therefore, you have to click on Continue.
6. Further, to continue installing the software, you must agree to the terms of the software license agreement. Therefore, you have to click on Agree.
7. Finally, you have to click on Install.
8. Click on continue, if it ask about the apps which will not run on macOS 10.15.
9. In order to continue installation macOS 10.15 Catalina beta. You need to log in as an administrator. Therefore, you have to Log in as administrator. For that you have to use Touch ID or enter your password to allow the installation continue.
Step 7: Wait for Installation
Now you have to wait for the installation to complete. It take some time. Therefore, be patient and let the installation should complete. Once installation completes. Then you have to click on Restart.
Step 8: Ready to use macOS Catalina
Congratulation. You have successfully install macOS Catalina on your MacBook Pro or MacBook Air. Further, you can check all the new feature of macOS Catalina. Therefore, what you are waiting for. Just dive into macOS Catalina and find out what is new in operating system and enjoy.
Conclusion: I hope you find this article useful. However, if you you have any question or suggestion. Or you want add your opinion. You are most welcome to write in comment box below. Thank you.