Last Updated on
In this article, you will learn how to change IP address in Windows 10. IP address stands for Internet Protocol. which is a unique number of your internet connection to your machine. Either, it is Windows, Mac or smart mobile devices like the iPhone, Samsung, and Tablet etc. Further, most of the time your machine is set to the automatic IP address. Therefore, when your machine connects to the internet. It will get automatic IP. However, sometimes you need a unique and custom IP address. moreover, it will help you to the most places on the internet. Therefore you must know how to change IP address in Windows 10.
Change IP Address in Windows 10
As a matter of the fact, there are two many methods where you can easily change the IP address in windows 10. However, in this article, we will learn two famous and easy method to find out, reset, renew, configure and change the IP address from automatic to static IP, on your Windows 10 computer.
Step 1. Find out IP Address
In the first place, you need to find out the IP address of the computer. Not to mention, you can find your IP address from CMD (command prompt) easily. Follow the steps below.
1. Click on Windows 10 Start Button
2. Write CMD. The command prompt will display. Click on it to open.
3. On command prompt write ipconfig. Then press enter. The IP address on your computer will show up.
Now you know that what is your computer IP address. Next, we are going to renew
Step 2. Renew IP Address
Similarly, in this steps, we are going to refresh your IP address. But remember that when you renew the IP address, it will assign the IP automatically and with the new one.
Follow these steps to renews the IP address.
- First, you have to write ipconfig/release. It will release you IP address.
- Next, you are going to write ipconfig/renew. This will refresh your computer IP address. In this case, it will automatically assign IP.
Step 3. Change IP Address in Windows 10
In order to, set a static IP address in Windows 10 to your computer. You need to change and configure some simple setting. That will change your IP address to your desired one. For that, you have to follow the steps from following.
1. Click on Windows Start Button. Now write Control Panel.
2. Further, you will get in many settings. But, you need to find and open Network and Sharing Center.
3. Next, you have your Network Connection. Doesn’t matter, if you have wireless or Ethernet Network Connection.
4. Right Click on any one of that and click on Properties.
5. Moreover, you will get the new dialog box. double click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4).
6. Now Simply write.
- IP address: 192.168.10.2
- Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
- Default gateway: 192.168.10.1
- Preferred DNS server: 192.168.10.1
Let the Alternate DNS Server Blank. And press OK.
Note: Must Member
In the first place, remember that the IP address of my router could be different from your router. Therefore, While finding out your IP Address with ipconfig/all. There would are different IPs for the different internet provider. For example xxx.xxx.xx.2. Therefore, when you are going to change the IP address in windows 10. You have to change only the last figure. Further, It should be between the 2-225 range. And everything else will work fine. If you messed up the IP address. Then the internet will stop working.
- Change Mac Address on Windows 10 Without Tool & Software
- Increase C Drive Space in Windows 10 Without Formatting
- Show Hidden Files & Folders in Windows 10
- The Selected Disk Has an MBR Partition Table Windows 10 cannot be installed.
- Device is Unreachable iPhone Windows 10
Video Guide to Change IP Address in Windows 10
Still worried about how to change IP address in Windows 10. check this video guide and follow all steps. You will easily change the IP address.
I hope that you have found that article useful and it has solved the problem which is you are facing. However, if you have any suggestion, feedback or want to ask something. Please don’t hesitate to as that in the comment box below. Thank you.