In this article, you will learn how to install macOS 10.14 Mojave on VirtualBox on Windows 10 on PC. As you know that there are different operating system. However, the most competitive are Windows Operating system by Microsoft. And macOS by Apple company. These both operating systems are amazing by on it great feature. However, Sometime we need one feature in Mac. But, another feature in Windows. Further, There are also variation between software on these both Operating system.
How about installing both operating system on one machine. And testing software on both operating system. Sounds good right! Yes that is possible. By the help VirtualBox, now we can install both macOS 10.14 Mojave and Windows 10 on a single pc. How is it possible? Just read this article completely and at the end your will get it ready.
However, before going to install the macOS 10.14 Mojave on VirtualBox using Windows 10. let’s know that what is new in latest version of macOS 10.14 Mojave?
macOS 10.14 Mojave is the latest version up to now. It is the fifteenth major release of macOS. Further the name Mojave is region in North America. That region is full of desert. Therefore, when the Mojave start the first background you will see is the desert mountain. The best part about Mojave is that it has Dark Mode as well. As a trending, every software has both light and dark version. And the dark version has more clear in environment in some cases. Therefore, the latest version macOS 10.14 has included the dark version too.
New Features Of macOS 10.14 Mojave
The following are the new features of Mojave.
1. You are now use both Dark Mode. Further, Dark Mode change all the desktop to a darkened color scheme. Therefore, it will help you to only focus on the content which you are working.
2. macOS Mojave has new Dynamic Desktop. Therefore, it has especial feature and work like artificial intelligent. Because, the Desktop color automatically changes with the time.
3. In the latest version users can organize the files with attributes such as file kind, date last opened, modified, created and the tags.
4. You are now the new apps and iOS app support.
5. FaceTime has been updated. Now you can chat with group of the people. As much as 32 people at the same time.
What is Virtual Machine?
Virtual Machine is a software. Where you can install and test different operating system, software and application. Therefore, it is good practice to test the program in an environment which give you better idea about the program. Therefore, we take that to virtual machine. Which as all the features and functionalities to operate the program.
There are many virtual machine software in market. However, the famous one are VirtualBox and VMware. Moreover, for the purpose of these tutorial, we are going to install VirtualBox. We will also take you though complete procedure that how you will install VirtualBox in Windows 10. Further, using VirtualBox we are going to install macOS 10.14 Mojave. Therefore, it is quite fun to test and operate macOS Mojave on Windows on your Machine.
- 1 Install VirtualBox on Windows 10
- 2 Install macOS 10.14 Mojave on VirtualBox
- 3 Install macOS 10.14 Mojave on VirtualBox
- 4 Video on to Install macOS Mojave
- 5 Troubleshoot the macOS 10.14 Mojave
Install VirtualBox on Windows 10
First you need to install VirtualBox in your Windows 10. Therefore, you have to follow complete steps to Install VirtualBox correctly. Since the installation of VirtualBox is similar with all other software installation. You will not find any difficulties to install it in your machine. Further, when you start installing the software. A wizard will guide you how to install VirtualBox in windows 10 to run macOS 10.14 Mojave. Download the file from below.
VirtualBox: Free Download
Required Files to Install macOS 10.14 Mojave on VirtualBox on Windows 10:
The following are the files for macOS 10.14 Mojave. There are two image. First one is single file with large filesize. If your internet speed is good you can download that the first one. However, the second one is split to 6 parts for those. Whose internet are slow. They can download the image one by one.
macOS Mojave 10.14.3; 18C54 (February 7, 2019)
- Google Drive (One Full): Download Link
- Google Drive (6 of 6): Download Link
- Media-fire (One Full): Download Link
macOS Mojave Final 10.14.0 – 18A391 (September 24, 2018).
- Google Drive (One Full): Download Link
- Google Drive (6 of 6): Download Link
- Media Fire: Download Link
Additional Files: You Need addition software to extract the file from compress file. Below are two software where you should download.
Install macOS 10.14 Mojave on VirtualBox
After installing VirtualBox. You need to install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox. However, first you have to configure VirtualBox with exact setting. Therefore, in following i will show you step by step guide to set the VirtualBox.
Extract the macOS 10.14 Mojave Virtual Image
Before, install actually starts. You have to extract the file. So, you can do that with Winrar Software. You should download and install it in your Windows 10 PC. The you have to extract the macOS 10.14 Mojave with the help of Winrar software in your Windows 10. Therefore, once you download the macOS Mojave image for VirtualBox from above and save it anywhere. The right-click on the macOS 10.14 Mojave image and click on extract here.
Configure VirtualBox to Install macOS 10.14 Mojave
Open VirtualBox and at the top of the window you will see new button. Click on it. Moreover, you will find a wizard will opens up. therefore, it will make the task more easy and help you to configure virtual machine. Moreover, carefully check every page and I will also show you how to configure. However, through out this process, you will ask to provide various information. You can write enter the information according to operating system and virtual machine in which you will install.
Step 1: Name and Operating System
First a screen will appears and it will ask to Create Virtual Machine. Therefore, to configure Name and Operating System follow the step below.
- Name: write any name for your macOS Mojave. In my case I wrote “macOS Mojave”. Remember that you will also need that name in feature configuration as well.
- Type: For sure you should select Mac OS X in type.
- Version: In the version you have to select macOS 10.13 high Sierra (64 bit). If you are thinking that why we have selected 10.13. That is the version which VirtualBox support. However, don’t worry and 10.14 works smoothly.
- Finally, when every detail have submitted. Then you have to click on Next.
Step 2: Memory Size
When you will click on Next. You will get Memory Size configuration setting. Therefore, you have to select the memory size as required. However, I recommend you to select half (50%) of you memory. For example, if you have 8GB of ram you have to select 4GB for the macOS 10.14 Mojave. Because, when you will completely install the operating system. Then running different application and software will work smoothly. However, don’t exceed 50%. For the reason that, Windows 10 will then start lagging. The ideal situation make 50/50 share of memory size.
Step 3: Hard Disk Selection
If you wish you can add a virtual hard disk to the new machine. You can either create a new hard disk file or select one from the list or from another location using the folder icon.
If you need a more complex storage set-up you can skip this step and make the changes to the machine settings once the machine is created. However, The recommended size of the hard disk is 20.00 GB.
But, Choose “use an existing virtual hard disk file” then open the “macOS Mojave 10.14.vmdk” file. Click on the “Finish” button and the virtual machine will be created.
Edit the Virtual Machine
Right now the wizard part has been completed and next you are going to configure the virtual machine. For doing so you have to follow the setting below.
Step 1: Configure System
You will see on the right hand side of VirtualBox the macOS Mojave. Select it and on the top you will see the option for settings. Click on setting.
Step 2: System Setting
Here you will see various options on left side. However, you have to click on System. Further, you will see there more options on the tab.
1. You have to click on Motherboard.
Moreover, you will see different other option. I will guide you here which one you have to select.
- Check the box of Optical
- Check the box of Hard Disk
- Chipset: ICH9
- Pointing Device: USB Tablet
- Extended Features: Check all the box of
- Enable I/O APIC
- Enble EFI ( Special OSes only)
- Hardware Clock in UTC Time
2. Next you have to click on Processor Tab. Check the box Next to the PAE/NX and increase cores to 50% for the best optimal performance.
3. Further, you have to Click on Display category. Here you should change the Video Memory to 128MB. There are different other option as well. See if you want to change those. However, it is not essentially required.
4. Moreover, click on Storage category. Here on the right side you will find Use Host I/O Cache Enable it by click on the box.
Add code to VirtualBox with Command Prompt
You have almost completed every single setting. However, there is only one more modification. Where you can edit and ready for the installation.
For the editing the file you have to open the command prompt. Remember before starting command prompt. You are to close VirtualBox. Further, your have to write CMD on search box. Then you will get command prompt icon right click on it and click on “Run as administrator”.
When the command prompt opens. Then you can write one by one each of the commands in below. Moreover, remember that change “Your VM Name” with your Virtual Machine Name which you have name it while configuring.
cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\"
VBoxManage.exe modifyvm "Your VM Name" --cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff
VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "iMac11,3"
VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion" "1.0"
VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct" "Iloveapple"
VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey" "ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc"
VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC" 1
Install macOS 10.14 Mojave on VirtualBox
Its time to install macOS 10.14 Mojave on VirtualBox. Everything is configured and you are ready to install the macOS Mojave operating system. Follow the steps below for installing macOS 10.14 Mojave on VirtualBox.
1. Click on the created VirtualBox. And it will start. Furhter, after sometime when everything will load then the first screen will appears. It is the welcome screen. And it will ask about your country. Therefore, select a country and press on Continue.
2. Next screen will ask you about to Choose a keyboard layout. Select U.S and click on Continue.
3. In this screen you will ask about the Data and Privacy. Therefore, read it carefully and the click on Continue.
4. Further, this wizard will ask you about Transfer Information to This Mac. It will ask that how do you want to transfer your information? Check the box on Don’t transfer any information now. and click on continue.
5. At this stage, it will ask you about your Apple ID. As you know that with the help ID you can use many feature of macOS. Therefore, if you have any apple ID enter it. But, for you I will select Set UP Later and click on Continue.
6. Finally, it will ask about Term and conditions. Simply click on Agree.
7. Create A computer Account. Fill out the following information to create your computer account.
- Full Name: Write you name.
- Account Name: It will select automatically.
- Password: write your password to log in in your mac. There password may be thing. Further, write same password in verify too.
- Hint: write something memorable about your password. When you forget your password. The the hint will help you to find it back.
- Finally, Press on Continue.
8. on the page of Express Set Up just click on Continue.
9. Here you will ask about Choose the Look your macOS 10.14 Mojave. There are two variation. The first one is the light. The second one is Dark version. Select the one which you want. However, I select the light one. But, don’t worry much about that because you can change this later by going to system preferences.
10. Congratulation, you have done great. Now at this screen it will setting up your Mac. It will take sometime for configuration. Then you will see your macOS 10.14 Mojave for the first time.
Video on to Install macOS Mojave
Here is complete video tutorial. If you are still facing problem. Check out the video and install macOS Mojave.
Troubleshoot the macOS 10.14 Mojave
After installation macOS 10.14 Mojave on virtual box. You have find some problem. But these problems are not related to macOS. However, this is because of VirtualBox. But, the good news that we can solve all the problem. Below you will find some Most annoying problems which I will give you the solutions.
1. Mouse and Keyboard not working in macOS VirtualBox
When you will install the macOS for the first time in VirtualBox. You will find that the Mouse and Keyboard will not work and it will stuck on one place. Therefore, for make the mouse and keyboard to work follow these steps below.
Step 1: Download the Extension Pack
Download the VirtualBox extension and you can find that on VirtualBox download web page. Therefore, you have to visit the page and click on the latest version of the VirtualBox Extension Pack.
Step 2: Start Installation
When you have downloaded the Extension. Then you have to double click on it. Further. there will be a pop-up message showing the features of the extension pack. If you want read everything and at last click on Install.
Step 3: License Agreement
In this step, it will ask about the agreement. Just scroll down and Click on Agree.
Finally, the installation will start. In few minute the installation will complete and a message will come with successfully installed. You have to press on OK.
Step 4: Configure VirtaulBox for mouse and key to work
1. In this step you have to come to Setting in main VirtualBox. And click on it.
2. Next you have to click on USB on left hand side. And on the right you have to click on USB 3.0 (xHCI) Controller. Finally, Click on OK
Now your both keyboard and mouse will work fine on macOS 10.14 Mojave.
2: Full Screen Mode in macOS 10.14 Mojave in VirtualBox
The main problem with Virtualbox for macOS 10.14 Mojave is screen resolution. Because, by default the screen resolution is low. And there is no option for changing the screen resolution. Therefore, we are going to configure the resolution correctly to below.
Step 1. Click on Mojave VirtualBox machine name and copy your Virtual machine’s name. Then Close it
Step 2. Click on start button in windows 10 and in search write CMD. Then Right click on the command prompt and click on “Run as Administrator”. Then the a black screen will open up.
Step 3. Now you have to change the “Your Virtual Machine Name” in the following with your macOS virtual machine name. Further, Where X can be one of the following resolution.
Therefore, One by one your have to enter the code in command prompt.
cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\Virtualbox"
VBoxManage setextradata “Your Virtual Machine Name” VBoxInternal2/EfiGraphicsResolution X
Step 4. Next open VirtualBox. Select the macOS 10.14 Mojave and click on start.
Step 5. Moreover, you can change scale mode to full screen mode. For doing so, go to the View Menu and click on “Full Screen Mode” or “Scaled Mode” to change the size of screen. However, you can also change the Screen from full screen mode to scaled mode by press right Ctrl + F and Ctrl + C shortcuts respectively.
Enjoy now the macOS 10.14 Mojave with full HD high resolution. Everything will be completely with high resolution.
Conclusion: We have tried our best to make macOS 10.14 Mojave work completely fine with all troubleshooting and step by step guide. However, if you find any problem or you want to add you feedback or suggestion. Write in comment box below. We will be more than happy to help you for making your world beautiful.